The beautiful rural location of Cosgrove Park Holiday Home and Touring Park provides a wonderful environment for walking and cycling in both Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire.
With so many walking and cycling routes both within the grounds of the Park and in the surrounding area, it is hard to believe Cosgrove Park is such a short distance from bustling Milton Keynes.
There are some great routes to try on the following websites:
• Northamptonshire County Council
• Walk for Life Routes
Here are a few of our favourites:
An easy walk of approximately 1.6 miles along the Grand Union Canal. 30 minutes from the starting point over easy terrain
1. Start your walk at the Navigation Inn which can be found to the north of Cosgrove village.
2. Head south along the road until you reach a bridleway heading south-east to Cosgrove.
3. When you reach the village, turn east on Bridge Road and cross over the Ornamental Bridge. This gothic style bridge over the Grand Union Canal was built in the 1790s at the insistence of a local landowner. It is one of only two ornamental bridges over the canal.
4. Follow the road a little further, then head north on a footpath alongside the Grand Union Canal to return to the road a short distance from the Navigation Inn.
An easy 35 minute walk to Wolverton Mill over easy terrain
1. Start at the junction of the Buckinghamshire Arm with the Grand Union Canal which is left of Cosgrove Park.
2. Walk south-east along the towpath to the iron aqueduct which was built in 1811 to replace the former stone aqueduct. This aqueduct carries the canal across the Ouse Valley.
3. Follow the path over the aqueduct and then turn right, down to the cattle tunnel and under the canal.
4. From here, follow the south bank of the Great Ouse to Wolverton Mill.
5. Cross the bridge and follow the footpath north; back to Cosgrove.
6. At Cosgrove, cross the canal using the lock walkway to return to your starting point.