FAQs - General


Can I bring an American Style RV?
Unfortunately our Pitches are not suitable for American Style RVs.
Can I have a barbeque at the Park?
Yes - If you are using a disposable barbeque, please do not place it directly onto the ground. Disposable BBQs will need to be raised using bricks or blocks. Please ensure that the coals are out by soaking them with water, prior to disposing of them. For safety purposes do not place barbeques of any kind within caravans or awnings.
Can I live in a static holiday home at Cosgrove Park all year round?
We are a seasonal holiday home park, therefore we do not have any residential caravans or mobile homes. We are open from 1st April until 1st November each year.
Can I part exchange my touring caravan, motorhome or narrowboat for a static holiday home?
We can offer excellent part exchange allowances for your touring caravan, motorhome or narrowboat when you purchase a static holiday home from us.
Can I pay by debit or credit cards?
Cosgrove Park, Cosgrove Store & Bistro and the Lakeside Bistro accept all major debit and credit cards (excluding American Express) and are subject to a minimum spend. Apple Pay/Smart Watch payments are also accepted on our card machines.

Please note: we do not hold any change in the office but Cosgrove Stores & Kitchen does offer cashback.
Can I put up a gazebo with my tourer?

Holiday Home,Touring Caravan owners and Overnight Touring customers can have Gazebos but are instructed to take them down when they are not present.

Can I visit during the winter closed period?
Yes - the Park is open from 9.00am until 4.00pm Monday - Saturday and 10.00am - 4.00pm Sunday throughout the closed winter period. However water and sewerage services are all switched off during the winter. During this period you may visit to fish or to inspect your caravan, but you can not under any circumstances stay beyond 4.00pm or overnight.
Do I have to pay for Electric?

For Holiday Home owners and seasonal Touring caravan owners electric is charged separately. Electric cards can be purchased through the main office in denominations of £5, £10, £20 and £50 cards.

For overnight Touring & Glamping pods owners electric is included within your overnight price.

Do I need a TV licence?
The following information was obtained from www.tvlicensing.co.uk "If you or any other person uses a TV in your static caravan or mobile home and another is being used in your main home at the same time, you'll need a separate TV Licence. However, if a TV isn't being used in your static caravan or mobile home at the same time as in your home, you don't need a separate TV Licence. In which case you'll just need to complete a declaration form The TV Licence for your main address will, however, automatically cover any TV used in a touring caravan, vehicle or boat, or any televisions operated by their own internal batteries. For more information, or a declaration form, phone 0870 241 6468".
Do I need to book a pitch?
Pre booking is required and we ask for payment in full at time of booking. There is a minimum of two nights stay and three nights for Bank Holidays. All pitches have 10amp electrical hook up. We only take bookings for family groups and couples only.
Do you accept Day Visitors?
As a private park we only accept those visiting guests or residents.
Do you accept dogs?
Yes, as long as they are kept on a lead and you clean up after them, a maximum of 4 household pets per Touring Caravan/Holiday Home is allowed. Dog Bins are located throughout the Park. There are designated areas where you can let them off the lead for a run and also we have a dog washing area, specifically designed for dogs.
Do you buy touring caravans?
No, unfortunately we do not buy Touring Caravans. We do however recommend Ellis Caravans for buying and purchasing of Touring Caravans. 
Do you have a bar/club house on site?
No - we do not have a bar or club house on site. However, there are two licensed premises located in the village both within short walking distance.
Do you rent out any caravans or holiday homes?

Residents are not permitted to rent out or sub-let their holiday homes or touring caravans. However Cosgrove Park offer the following:

Long Term Rental - We have static holiday homes that we rent out on a long term basis of 7 months. (1st April - 31st October)

For more information on holiday home hire, please give us a call on 01908 563360 or email us at enquiries@cosgrovepark.co.uk

Do you store touring caravans?
We do not have a storage facility for non-touring residents. However, our sister company Whilton Marina Ltd offer secure touring caravan storage. For more information please call Whilton Marina on 01327 842577 or visit www.whiltoncaravanstorage.co.uk
Do you take tents, trailer tents or folding campers?
We allow for Touring caravans, Motorhomes and Folding Campers( overnight stays only), but do not allow tents & trailer tents.
Does your shop sell camping accessories?
Cosgrove Park Store & Kitchen sells basic caravanning accessories. For further information please call 01908 565797
How do I prepare my holiday home for winter?
If you have purchased a Holiday Home through us, you would have received a Holiday Home Owners Guide. This carries detailed information about the procedures for draining down the holiday home water system, frost protection and more.

Click here to read how to prepare for winter!
How long is the Park open?
We are open from April 1st until November 1st each year.
I want to cancel my overnight touring pitch booking, can I get a refund?
It is not company policy to give refunds. Credit notes are given at the managements discretion.
If I have a static holiday home, do I have to pay Council Tax?
No - The Park is seasonal so it is not classed as residential.
Is there 24hr security cover?
Yes - to ensure that the Park is a safe and secure place for you to relax, we employ security staff to provide cover throughout the night.
Is there an age limit on touring caravans sited for the season?
We normally accept touring caravans that are 2010 or newer. However we may accept older caravans at the discretion of Cosgrove Park's management team.
What is the maximum touring caravan size permitted?
We accept touring caravans up to 8 meters in length. You will be asked to provide the length of your caravan upon booking.
What time can I Check in and when do I have to vacate by?
When visiting Cosgrove Park in your Touring Caravan or Motorhome you can check in from 12.30pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departing, the Pitch needs to be vacated by 11am. Unfortunately we do not permit late check outs.
When can I book a Seasonal Touring caravan pitch for 2024?

Seasonal touring pitches for 2024 are available to book now. You are required to fill out an application form that is available to download from our website or call us on 01908 563360 where we will be able to send one to you. A £250 deposit is required to secure your chosen pitch. You can pay your deposit either in person or over the phone, we accept all major debit and credit cards (excluding American Express) or if you prefer you can pay by cheque or cash. If you subsequently decide not to take a pitch after having paid a deposit, please be aware that the deposit is non-refundable.

The Site fees for 2024 are:

£3,495 for a Lakeside Pitch

£3,195 for a Standard Pitch 

When does the swimming pool open?
Our heated outdoor swimming pool is open from late May until September each year (weather permitting). Take a look at our facilities, swimming pool page for our current opening times.
Who can use the watersports facilties on site?

We have a selection of Watersports that are Free to use for those staying at Cosgrove Park. Pre Booking is essential. Please see our Watersports page for more information or contact us on 01908 563360 or email enquiries@cosgrovepark.co.uk

For those wanting to bring their own non - powered watersports such as Canoe's and Stand up Paddle Boards we ask that you bring with you a copy of your third party Liability insurance. If you are unsure please contact a member of the bookings team.

We do have restricted times for our Non-Powered watersports which you can see on the Watersports section of our website.



Register for updates

Sign up to our newsletter

Facilities map

View Online

Our brochure

View Online
Venetian Marina Whilton Caravan Storage Whilton Marina
Cosgrove Park. Main Street, Cosgrove, Milton Keynes, MK19 7JP.
Phone: 01908 563360 Fax: 01908 263615